Children’s Kiva Montessori School mentors, encourages, and guides children to become responsible, thoughtful, caring citizens through curriculum and practices that emphasize:
- Authentic Montessori methods.
- Rigorous, integrated academics - project-based and Colorado Standards-based curriculum that integrates Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and the Arts (STEAM).
- Community-based approaches including field experiences in our rich local and global environments and close partnerships with families, community organizations, institutions, businesses, and higher education.
- A whole child, whole school, whole community approach that embraces and enriches the talents and resources of our students, families, faculty, and community.
- A strong commitment to the remarkable cultural and ecological diversity of the Four Corners through inclusive practices in teaching, learning, hiring, and enrollment.
Students will achieve success, responsibility, self-reliance and empowerment in the following key areas:
- Language Arts and Mathematics
- Science, Technology, and Engineering
- Cultural Studies, Humanities, and Spanish
- The Arts and Movement
- Character Development including personal, social, and emotional skills
Longitudinal studies of Montessori education have found that Montessori students:
- have better academic and social skills than peers in non-Montessori classrooms
- are life-long learners, self-disciplined, and self-controlled
- have a greater understanding of truth and fairness
- are creative, especially in writing
- are more independent
- have stronger conceptual understandings in mathematics, grammar, and the sciences
- have deeper understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of humanities, and the sciences
For more, see: /uploads/2/1/8/8/21880172/montessori_education_provides_better_outcomes.docx